Register
Lost Pwd

HomeLeague Chat

Where rivalries begin and end.

League is heating up down the stretch. Messages in this topic - RSS

Fear.the.2nd.pass
Fear.the.2nd.pass
3/10/2009
Let's see who will be afraid come the end of the season.
0 link
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
3/10/2009
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
Sloppy Joes 7-7 finish.
0 link
Fear.the.2nd.pass
Fear.the.2nd.pass
3/10/2009
LMFAONut Kick
I do believe it will be 14-0, which has never been done in our league history.
0 link
Sloppy Hoes
Sloppy Hoes
3/11/2009
Sloppy Hoes
Sloppy Hoes
Well, if you were actually playing the way you should be playing you might actually lose a game or two, but since you are "sandbagging" then you might actually do it.

LMFAO
:mf: Thread Hijack! :finger:
0 link
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
3/12/2009
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
You guys are killing me. Hey, the league's only fully gay team has worked hard at that and pulled it off so far. However, consider:

a) It's only halfway through - long way to go.
b) After 7 games of "sandbagging", they've managed to drop a grand total of 1.2 points for the entire team (0.4 each avg.)
c) They barely won several matches

I admire the effort. But I fear the end is near, since the temptation was too great and they just had to breach the "overconfident" threshold - calling 14-0 at the halfway point.

And, btw, if you think they are sandbagging on you, then you always have the option of KICKING THEY PUNK ASS!! Nut Kick
0 link
Fear.the.2nd.pass
Fear.the.2nd.pass
3/12/2009
Ah yes let the crying start. Funny how peeps will cry about the exact things they're doing and losing at. Don't hate when someone else beats you at your own game.

nonoROFLMAO
0 link
lodimarsh
lodimarsh
3/12/2009
lodimarsh
lodimarsh
Well put Mr. 2nd pass!

I recall my first season of league, before I knew how the ratings worked, wondering... hmmm. why is "Sloppy Hoes" purposly losing? This doesn't make any sense. I soon learned of course. But yes, very funny that the 1st person to sandbag not only got beat at his own game, but cried about it too.

And BillyBoy, you wish we were gay Green Tongue
0 link
AzRattler
AzRattler
3/12/2009
AzRattler
AzRattler
Well I don't understand how some people that have the skills to beat most people come up with a way to win yet bring down their ratings. The mere fact that you just admitted cheating baffles me. I am not the best in the world nor is my teammates but we try to beat everyteam no matter if it takes our ratings up or not. How can you call yourself a good foosball player if you try to manipulate your ratings so you will have the upperhand against someone with a lessor skill set????? The reason for handicapping is to give people that is not so good the chance to compete and get better. Its not designed for cheaters that are "good" players to be put down at the same level as these new players. This is just sad, on your part! Keep doing what your doing and keep winning so you get those precious little points you need to be able to beat a less skilled player. I am sure you guys will enjoy winning that way.

Tony Billips
Fukenfuzen

--
0 link
Fear.the.2nd.pass
Fear.the.2nd.pass
3/13/2009
Actually what lodi is saying is that he witnessed people on other teams sandbagging his first season playing in the league. That once they knew they couldn't win they would deliberately start chucking the last games.
And I would like to thank those people that think my game is good enough that I can pick and choose what games I will win and which ones I will loose.
As for being good at foosball or any other sport, I always tell everyone that I play "it doesn't matter if you're the best player in the world or the worst player in the world anything can happen." I have been whooped by people that
have only been playing for a few months and beat pretty soundly people that have been playing longer than I have been alive or at least achieved a higher ranking.
And Tony if I remember correctly the last few meetings on the table we have had you have beaten me.
boxer
<em>edited by Fear.the.2nd.pass on 3/13/2009</em>
0 link
Sloppy Hoes
Sloppy Hoes
3/13/2009
Sloppy Hoes
Sloppy Hoes
wow I'm glad to see other people noticed whats going on. That is so true Tony. I'm so happy we don't have to play you guys this season but we have to deal with the "sandbaggers".Good Postingi agree
0 link
AzRattler
AzRattler
3/13/2009
AzRattler
AzRattler
That is true T.J. It doesn't matter if your good or not there is a slight chance for slop to go in and you score the 3 points needed to beat a good player. The issue with that is when people sandbag, win all matches and yet is still able to reduce their overall rating they wont have to give those 4 points. Now instead of an even slate the better player has a HUGE advantage since they wont have to spot the less skilled players points and thus beat them 99.9% of the time. This leaque you dont make much money by winning and your not catapulted to the top ranking for winning it either. Its more a friendly game to play with people and maybe learn some moves to get better. I watched your game and learned somethings, thanks but maybe I should have paid more attention and picked up on what you were doing this season. smile

Oh and it wasn't me that beat you, it was Chris Teeter. Applause

If your not doing this then I will apologise to you, I was just commenting on the fact that you admitted it in your previous message what was going on.

--
0 link
Fear.the.2nd.pass
Fear.the.2nd.pass
3/14/2009
Only if someone is going to do it to me. I don't like being an ass, but when someone knows they have lost and decide to start chucking that doesn't sit well with me. As for this season I am not here to crush everyone every game, I spend time on Wednesdays showing the new people to the league different things to help improve their games. Kinda of what I did with you guys. I come to play and shoot the crazy shots, like the slingshot, pushkick, the pullkick, the tic-tac it makes it more fun. Also like I said in a previos post, if peeps think my game is good enough for me to randomly pick and choose what games I will win and what I lose, thank you all for the compliment.
Anyways games in general are just a wee bit random, just ask Billy.
0 link
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
3/15/2009
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
Have you ever noticed when T.J. shoots his pull shot that he kicks his left foot up at the same time. He can't help it, it's kind of like what girls do when you give them a good kiss.
0 link