HomeFoos Rap

General discussion board.

Tucson/Phoenix Messages in this topic - RSS

zekefooser
zekefooser
7/20/2009
zekefooser
zekefooser
Just wanted to thank Dan and Jeremy for this event. They chipped in a good amount of money and made a real cool event. I was pleasantly surprised to see
a good number of Phoenix players come down. Too bad Nick didnt make it, cause that would have made it tougher on Tucson for sure. Good showing by Phoenix
in the doubles category. I sucked in doubles (sorry pinalyzer). Chris and Jenn were playing awesome and definitely saved the day for Tucson. The final was pretty
entertaining. First set went 3 games but Chris was definitely on his game. He hardly missed a pass, and was shooting lights out. Second set, Chris and Jenn win
first game, and I really thought it was over only because of the way Chris was playing, and Eric and Chambie were switching trying to find something that worked.
But then they got in a groove, and won game two. Game 3 went point for point, and got down to meat nut. Chambie made a great block, but unfortunately after the block
the ball deflected off the wall and angled into the goal. Eric and Chambie played great all night.

In singles, I pulled a hard fought battle against Eric in the loser's bracket final. After Eric kicked my butt in the first game, and had me down 4-2 in the second, I came up
with some key blocks, and some steady playing, and won the second game 5-4. Then won the next game. So in the final against Chris, I was highly motivated, and being
disappointed about doubles, i was going to play my best. I won the first set in 3 games. And the second in 2.

Overall, I was proud of our Tucson players. Eric "Cry Baby", our young Tucson newbie sensation was playing real well. Lookout for this kid once he gets more experience.

On another note, I feel really bad for Corey and Austin who made the drive from El Paso, only to have Mainstreet (aka The Buzz Killers), say that they were kicking out anyone
under 21 by 5pm. So they didnt get too play. Corey and Austin you guys were great sports about the whole thing, and if I didnt have family staying over this past weekend
I would have left the tournament with you guys and had you come over to my house and played foos there. That's a load of crap.

My only suggestion is for Dan to talk to the owner and find out the exact ground rules, and also to try to work something out with the owner if possible ahead of time. This way
you guys dont waste your time driving 5 hours so not be allowed to play. Also, Dan I suggest that for the next tournament you add a note on the flyer or tournament announcement
that typically it's 21 and over.

-zeke
0 link
Daniel
Daniel
7/20/2009
Daniel
Daniel
Thanks Phoenix for the great turn out I was glad to see so many Phoenix foosers. As for the Cory Austin deal this did suck and I did not know this was going to be a problem until that day. The week earlier they let Lindsey come and she is under 21. Oh well we know now how this is going to work and Jeremy and I helped out those guys and paid them for there room and some gas money. Hope you guys all got home OK and I can't wait until the next time we meet.

--
http://www.netfoos.com/account/37/player_stats/505.html
0 link
Corey_Jensen
Corey_Jensen
7/21/2009
Corey_Jensen
Corey_Jensen
We look forward to another trip up to play with you all if we can work out the age thing, Daniel and Jeremy thanks again for the help, you all continue to be a great foos community with some really great players on and off the table. Zeke thanks for the offer but you shouldn't be so nice to me seeing as I'm gonna try and take your worlds semi singles title this year J/K.

Ya'll Take Care

Corey
<em>edited by Corey_Jensen on 7/21/2009</em>
0 link
zekefooser
zekefooser
7/22/2009
zekefooser
zekefooser
Corey,

It's wide open for you. I hope you do take it. Valley doesnt want me to play semi singles. So they will allow me to buy a semi pro package and they'll instead let me play pro singles. So i'm done with semi singles.
Also, dont worry, I can be nice and still kick your ass in singles LOL

BTW Who are you playing with in semi doubles?

-zeke
0 link
Corey_Jensen
Corey_Jensen
7/24/2009
Corey_Jensen
Corey_Jensen
I'm not sure who I will play with at Worlds maybe Austin or Ice the dude in the wheelchair, Hey Zeke we need to team up for one of these tournys...Let me know...Later

Corey
0 link