General discussion board.

better behavior = better foos Messages in this topic - RSS

chambie
chambie
6/20/2019
chambie
chambie
Hello fellow foosers,

As many of you are aware we had some issues at the foos club last Saturday June 15th regarding the format of the tournament, and player behavior. I have spent the better part of this week on the phone talking and texting many of the people who were there trying to get an understanding of what transpired. The conclusion that I have reached is that as the Tournament Director the buck stops with me and I take full responsibility for what transpired. With that said I put this message together to try to inject some rules and structure to events moving forward and want to start out by apologizing to the following individuals...

Mike Carey - Mike I am truly sorry for putting you in the situation of running an event for me and not providing a framework in which to work. Because of this some poor, but well intended, decisions were made that lead to many foosers being upset. The foos crowd can be an unruly group and when they smell blood in the water they can tear a TD to shreds. To avoid this in the future I will be putting some hard and fast rules in place regarding how my promotions are run to remove any unintended ambiguity which can be taken advantage of. I thank you for stepping up and volunteering to do a task the most players just will not do.

Ash - Ash I am sorry for not fully empowering Mike and working out with the two of you how the tournament should go down. As the club owner you attempted to make things better by making promises to several people you could not ultimately keep. By not properly preparing you and Mike I left you exposed to the piranha to be quickly devoured. Being an experienced TD it is easy to forget how long it takes to get everyone's respect, and the many little things that we do to keep tournaments running smoothly that I took for granted. I promise to not leave you in that situation again. You have a hard enough time just running the club and I for one am very grateful for your efforts.

Jim Dickson, Scott Young, and anyone else that did not play in the tournament due to the format change. I apologize for the inconvenience and will give you two free entries to the next two regular club events you come to. Just please do your best to let me know when you are coming so I can plan accordingly. You are always welcome at my events and I feel terrible that I allowed things to go down this way.

After speaking at length with many people Ash and I have decided upon the following...
Club Owner and Tournament Director

As this a unique situation in our history the roles and responsibilities of both the Club Owner and the Tournament Director need to be well defined. Just as with running the tournament in a bar the Tournament Director has final and full say over all tournament events. The Club Owner, just like a bar owner, will have no authority with regards to tournaments and the rules that govern them. The Club Owner will have final and full authority with all that transpires outside the tournament activities. The Club Owner will dictate and make all the rules for use of the facility and will have final say on who may reside on the premises. If a player's behavior during the tournament becomes so unruly that it must be addressed, both the TD and the Club Owner can assert authority to rectify the situation.

TD Expectations

Brad Chamberlain is the event director, all questions with regards to the tournaments at the club are to be directed to Brad. If Brad is not present the guest TD will be in charge and make all decisions regarding the event with the following exception. Only Brad may make changes to the event format. The official event schedule for the club resides in the coming events section of the Arizonafoosball.com website. If the event is to change form its posted format it must be made by 10 AM on the Wednesday prior to the event, and can only be done by Brad. The change must be made on Arizonafoosball.com and a text must be sent by Arizonafoosball.com to the foosball community. Neither the Club Owner nor the Guest TD have the right to change the format. Players present on that evening will not attempt to sway that decision or make changes to the event.

Guest TD’s can be hard to find and Brad will do his best to let the community know when he is unable to attend and who the guest TD is. Please treat the guest TD’s with respect as they have a difficult job, don’t be part of the problem, be the solution.
Player Expectations

With regards to disagreements regarding rules during tournament play the following is the proper way in which to handle it.

• If you know you are going to have issues with the person you are playing with call ref to the table prior to the match starting.
  • If a ref is not available please attempt to record the match, I will be attempting to acquire some older phones and camcorders to record matches that will be available for use. If there is a disagreement the match will be stopped and a third party will come over to watch a replay of the alleged infraction, listen to the two opposing viewpoints, and will make a call. Please refer to the newest ISTF rulebook for clarification of rules and regulations.
  • Calls made by officials or the individuals asked to review video will be binding and final. No arguing with officials will be tolerated and could result in forfeiture of the match.
  • If neither a ref or a recording device is available players will be expected to officiate their own matches. If an argument breaks out that is deemed disruptive to the surrounding matches or becomes disrespectful the TD will halt all play on all tables and issue a warning to the offending table/players. If the argument continues to be a distraction or resumes again later in the match both teams may be disqualified from the event. If the behavior continues after the event the club owner has the right to remove the offending individuals from the premises.

Players will show up on time and register to events at least 15 minutes prior to the event starting. Expectations can be made for traffic difficulty etc… as long as they contact the TD at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the event. However habitual offenders will be warned and not granted entry into the event.

Players will pay attention to the tournament bracket and will report to their matches in a timely manner. If you are constantly delaying matches because you are not in the room when your match is called you will be warned. Future infractions may lead to recalls and disqualifications. Please be respectful of everyone's time.
Club Owner

Ash is the Club Owner. He is in charge and has final say on all club activities and behavior regarding all club members, no fights nor disparaging remarks to any persons in attendance will be tolerated. Personal insults directed at people that degrade and disrespect the individual will not be tolerated and the offending individual will be asked to leave, forfeit their entry fees and remaining matches and be suspended from all club activities for 30 days. If after the suspension the individual persists in the inappropriate behavior they may be asked to leave the club permanently.

Final Thoughts

I want to thank anyone that took the time to speak with me this week. We have an amazing opportunity to have a fantastic foosball scene here in Arizona. We have an amazing group of people to play foosball with, and I am privileged to call many of you my friends. If we all just step back a bit and take a little bit of time to understand and listen to one another I am sure we can solve all of our issues and move past the petty fights and bickering that have destroyed foosball scenes all over the country. We have all seen it happen and I personally do not want a repeat of history here.

I finally ask that if you have any concerns regarding this message please contact me directly so we can discuss it. Please keep all comments on this thread positive and remember... it is not about what foosball can do for you, but what can you do for foosball. ( I know it's corny but I believe it!!!)

Respectfully,

Brad
edited by chambie on 6/20/2019
0 link
Afshin
Afshin
6/21/2019
Afshin
Afshin
Great work Brad.If anyone of you Foosers wants to Practice Foos Just Text me and If I don’t have any plans on that evening I will be happy to stay late and Practice .Normally I leave my warehouse around 4pm-5pm.
0 link
SprintCar7
SprintCar7
6/21/2019
SprintCar7
SprintCar7
You players that caused such a post to have to be written should be ashamed of yourselves. I have not been to the club, but every time I think I want to play again I see a post like this and it reminds me of why I don't care to play anymore. Brad is clearly not a sane person to be putting up with the crap that he does, and if you fuckers keep it up he will most likely walk away like other promoters have in the past. As for Ash, well as much as I think he is a complete hack/scrub on the table he has done something for the local foosball scene that not one of you would or could do, so at least you fuckers could do is show some respect to him and his place.
You problem players just need to stop your shit or you will have no place to play!
Rant over..
edited by SprintCar7 on 6/21/2019
0 link