Dervishes win Eastern Conference Wildcard Match Messages in this topic - RSS

BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
10/13/2011
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
Whirling Dervishes defeated surebreC 3-1 to advance to the Eastern Conference Championship Match against the Foos Fools on October 19.
0 link
Bawston
Bawston
10/13/2011
Bawston
Bawston
It was 3-2, Billy.......and we didn't lose until the next to last game....7-6.....thanks.....wink
0 link
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
10/13/2011
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
That depends on how you score a match when conceding it due to it being locked by the opponent. This is all trivial technical stuff, but let me know what makes more sense to you:

After 3 rounds, you were tied 1 to 1. When you lost game 1 in round 4, you lost the match because in the BEST case you could only tie that round and lose the point round, losing 2-1. That is why you stopped and shook hands.

As for actually setting a "score", you have 3 choices as I see it:
a) award phantom wins (forfeited games, essentially) to the conceding team to arrive at their BEST case result
b) award forfeits to the other team for a WORST case result
c) simply do not register the unplayed games at all.

I use (c); the unplayed games are listed as "F" & "F" (a mutual forfeit, or a "scratch"). However, by playing game 1 of round 4 and losing it, and not playing the 2nd game, you effectively lost the round (1 game to 0). Maybe you think (a) is best.

(Btw, there is no situation where you could have lost 3-2, as that would mean you'd have to have won round 4 or 5, which was impossible.)

Regardless, it doesn't really matter, as playoff stats aren't used for anything.
<em>edited by BillyBoy on 10/13/2011</em>
0 link
Bawston
Bawston
10/13/2011
Bawston
Bawston
Lol. I forgot we only tied rollerball not won it.
My bad.

See.....not only did I suck last night, I also suck the day after.

haha.

but yeah. C makes more sense in the playoff senario.
0 link
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
10/13/2011
BillyBoy
BillyBoy
Administrator
Good playing all season, bro!

You may have improved more than anyone over all your seasons; you've just managed to space it out over the seasons to avoid the "most improved player" - lol!
0 link